Garden Route Concierge & Tours / Woober Safety Protocols
We ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff by adhering to all COVID protocols. Please click here to view our safety measures.
All tours, day trips, shuttle services and transfers are exclusive, ensuring personalised service and attention.
NEW COVID TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Travelling by Air:
- Only passengers will be allowed inside the terminal buildings. Therefore, no accompanying members of the public will be allowed inside the terminal buildings.
- Passengers also need proof of identity and proof of ticket, which can be a printout or on a mobile device.
- Temperature screening will be conducted at the terminal building entrances before any passenger is allowed entry. Suspected cases will be referred to Port Health.
- No passengers will be allowed inside the terminal buildings without masks.
- Baggage wrapping is now compulsory for all checked luggage for hygiene reasons.
- Passengers should check-in online before going to the airport, or online check-in can be done at the self-service kiosks in the terminal building.
- A limited number of check-in counters will be open and physical distancing rules will apply in these queues. Using a check-in counter will take considerably longer than pax are accustomed to.
- Passengers will scan their own paper-based or mobile device-based boarding pass on the scanner at the security checkpoint.
- They are also required to remove any metal or electronic items from their person before entering the security queue (includes mobile devices, watches, jewellery, wallets, keys), and place them in the tray at the security scanner to minimise the need for physical pat-downs.
- Boarding of aircraft will be done in phases so that the rows are filled from the back first.
- Masks must be worn for the duration of the flight and be kept on when disembarking from the aircraft and moving to baggage carousels.
- Inside the cabin, full capacity will be allowed. It must be noted that the risk of COVID-19 infection onboard a commercial passenger airliner is lower than in many other confined spaces. All our commercial aircrafts are fitted with the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters. These are manufactured to the same standard as those used in hospital operating theatres and industrial clean rooms, with the same efficacy of 99.97% in removing viruses.
- While the total air supply inside the cabin is essentially sterile and particle-free, the biggest risk is if someone enters or remains in that environment, while unwell with a viral infection. This risk will be mitigated through the adoption of effective sanitization and personal hygiene protocols.
- Physical distancing is required at the baggage carousels, and crowding will not be permitted.
The following measures will apply inside the cabin of the aircraft:
- no catering will be allowed;
- no magazines on board;
- the last row will be reserved for isolation of suspected cases.
All aircrafts will be disinfected before entering into service and after each flight;
Loading capacity for all airport buses will be limited to 70%. These buses will be disinfected after off-loading. Drivers, baggage handlers and ground handlers will be fully equipped with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Passengers should allow for the extra time required by arriving at the airport at least two hours before scheduled departure.
For further details about what is required and permit links etc visit Flysafair